Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Blackstone Cook and some other stuff

Options

Been working hard getting the new outdoor cooking area put together and still have lots to do. Its challenging getting anything done with an infant around. All he wants to do is help, which is cute and fun, but actually anything but helpful, so I've been working on it when I get off from work before he gets out of daycare, or while he's napping or down for the night.  This was Day 1 and Day 2 before I threw my back out.

Saturday, we got the bases stained. We still need to seal them. Then I need to sand down the tops and shelves and stain and seal them before fastening them down. This picture is kind of messy as everything got thrown on the porch before the rain started so sorry for that.

Just to keep this post on topic, we did some wings. Didn't get any finished pictures.

Heating up the Blackstone for the first time to get it seasoned up. Impressed with how hot this little guy gets.

I hear you should cook some onions on it to get rid of the metal flavor, so that's what I did.

Friday, we did our first cook. Started with some bacon cuz its bacon. Do you really need a reason?

Wife snapped a pic of me cooking our first smashburgers on it.

Gonna need to get another dome as the one I got will only cover 2 patties.

Think I tried to flip them to early as they didn't have that crust that I wanted. I'm sure I'll get better. Mrs. G did say it was the best burger she'd had in a long time, so at least I did something right.

I'm glad that I finally pulled the trigger and got the griddle. Think its gonna be a very useful tool in our arsenal. I guess that about wraps it up for now.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments