Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

24 hr sous vide chuckie, for sammies

Options
blind99
blind99 Posts: 4,971
chuck roast went into the bag and vacuumed. No seasonings. 24 hours at 134 degrees. Then dried off and seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika. And more pepper. Then smoked on pecan for about an hour. 

Didn't have enough crust so seared it in CI with ghee. 

There's definitely some sinew that needs trimming. But the meat itself would pass for a good grass fed strip steak - lean, tender, delicious. 

It was put to use in sammies with pickled onion, horseradish, and cheese. 

Happy Sunday all!
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Never tried that for only 24 hrs. I've done 130° for 36 hours  and a quick stove top sear though. Nice, but LONG! Will try your way. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @Carolina Q I'm new to sous vide. It seems like people are still sorting out the best time/temp combinations. I'll have to try yours as well. I found this one here:

http://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipe/sous-vide-center-cut-chuck-eye-roast
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle