Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped shrimp

Options

Or Shrimp Brochette for you fancy foodies. Although not quite, as I thought I had jalapenos so I didn't pick up any at the store. 

Used 21-25 count shrimp (wish I had bigger but that's what the store had), butterflied them out, put a bit of Monterrey Jack in them and wrapped each with a half slice of thinly sliced bacon. Nuke the bacon for about a minute in the microwave first to give it a head start and render out some of that fat. Sprinkled with some Swamp Venom, although Tony's or any Cajun/Creole seasoning would work.

Started the cook on the bottom level of my AR at ~400, but didn't like how they were cooking, so tossed the original grid on the top to finish them off.

When they were almost done, tossed the rest of the shrimp that didn't get wrapped up on the Egg.

Ate it with some salad and some home made cocktail sauce. Wish I had whipped up some tartar sauce but I was too hungry and didn't think about it till they were done. No plated pics, Sorry. :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments