Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Setting up for the week OT

Options
This will be on topic later in the week.  Setting up for the week. Salad made, check. Raw veggies cut, check. Salmon marinating in brown sugar rub, check. Turkey thighs marinating in teriyaki, check. Lamb chops marinating in teriyaki, check. We are set through Wednesday.

We believe in vigorous marinating.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Sounds like the edibles are going to be on point this week.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    Mise en place at it's finest. Sure does make a cook more enjoyable. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    BilZol said:
    Thanks for this.  I never heard this phrase before but it is my favorite style of cooking from pizza to omelets.  I love having everything set up and ready to go.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I love marinades as well especially for chicken. Sounds like you will be eating very very well this week!!!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    BilZol said:
    Thanks for this.  I never heard this phrase before but it is my favorite style of cooking from pizza to omelets.  I love having everything set up and ready to go.

To me it's more then just getting everything ready. If you do all of the little things well they'll help you do the big things better. Works for me anyway. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

We believe in vigorous marinating.

I have...no words. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2016
    Options
    BilZol said:
    Doc....though that was not my post....Mise en place is (so I have been told)  translates as a "place for everything....and every thing in its place". In the culinary world, it is a reference to having all of your ingredients prepped and ready to assemble a dish. Rock on my friend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow