Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Medallions

Options
johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
Pork tenderloin medallions came preseasoned from Costco.  Simple cook, but it was good.

I skewered them to flip and move faster 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• leemschu
    Options
    Nice looking grub brother 
    Dyersburg, TN
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Nice cook, can you tell me what temp and how long.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Very Nice!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    MeTed said:
    Nice cook, can you tell me what temp and how long.
    I was running about 400F for approx ~10 mins.

you can probably tell from the pic, but I was shuffling them from the interior hot spot to the outer edge to try to get nice color and get them to cook at the same rate 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Thanks brother, I am off to the store now to get some for tonight.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • TheBrewerMoose
    Options
    I made those just recently and they were great!  I think the whole package was only like $15 and there's enough for 4-6 people easy.

Found them to be a little over seasoned though, mainly salty.  I think it was the Tuscan blend they use.

I did mine at 400F on skewers until 145F, got some crispy corners but were tender and moist.  Definitely doing again!

Strongsville, OH

• Amlucy2
    Options
    Love these! I grill them a couple times a month. I like to drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    MeTed said:
    Thanks brother, I am off to the store now to get some for tonight.
    Love the inspiration this forum facilitates! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Sweet100s
    Options
    Beautiful Cook!

I've been tempted by these at Costco but have resisted each time because of the silver skin they leave around each one.

When I  cook a pork  tenderloin,  I try to remove all the silver skin. It just gets in the way of spices or smoke. It's not pleasant to chew, I'm not inclined to want to make my tummy try to digest it.

So getting these would mean individually removing the silver skin from each one. Total pita.   Would probably be faster to buy a whole pork tenderloin and cut it into steaks after removing the silver skin from the whole thing all at once using Alton Brown's technique for removing silver skin.

If I ever get married,  he's going to need to promise to remove silver skin for me whenever I want.