Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EURIKA! Another blue egg....

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    Options
    Ooooooo.  The white buffalo of BGE's.  
    Somebody will pay it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Wow. If I had the cash I'd buy it. But I don't.  :|
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Too bad @jeremiah.  I could store it for you, work out a deal on my chiminea and swing them both by on my annual drive to the OBX!!!
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I want this BADLY.  I hope someone here can at least be the lucky buyer.

Phoenix 
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options

If someone does, I can pick it up and babysit her for a while.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Just remember, a cracked base or dome and you are SOL.
    Odds of finding a replacement are very slim.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    wonder if its painted, awefully shiney, band looks newer, didnt these have the smaller handle or even the non spring hinge. it just looks too shiney new to me =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Options
    New band/hinge assembly (noted in ad)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    wonder if its painted, awefully shiney, band looks newer, didnt these have the smaller handle or even the non spring hinge. it just looks too shiney new to me =)
    It's probably original. BGE said they were made in very limited numbers in 1998-99.
    The listing stated new band was installed.
    Here is a photo from BGE of the only known, unused Blue BGE that is currently in their BGE Museum. Thanks to Bruce at BGE for all the information and photo...

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    It's probably original. BGE said they were made in very limited numbers in 1998-99.
    Here is a photo from BGE of the only known, unused Blue BGE that is currently in their BGE Museum. Thanks to Bruce at BGE for all the information and photo...

i see the lettering work looks right for the time period, i just cant believe it still looks that new =) maybe the blue glaze holds up better than the green
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DaBudDawg
    Options
    That joker is right down the street from me!!!!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I'm glad he doesn't live closer to me.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    i see the lettering work looks right for the time period, i just cant believe it still looks that new =) maybe the blue glaze holds up better than the green
    dimples are right, too.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

You might want to call Bruce back and tell him to double check that it's still there.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

Dead sexy!!
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    How can it not fit his lifestyle anymore?   Babies gotta eat too right? 
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • Tony_T
    Options
    What's the story behind the Big Blue Egg being created in `98-`99
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    A new never used blue egg was on eBay like 5 years back. I believe these were only sold in a couple pool stores in Florida if I remember correctly. I would never buy it cause I'd be scared to use it. There was a gold one I saw recently on craigslist locally that was an original egg also I guess they made like a handful of them at BGE.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    If you purchased it new and the base cracked, would they send you a green base?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    If you purchased it new and the base cracked, would they send you a green base?
    I believe so. There was a guy a couple years ago with a blue/ green egg on the Facebook egghead group.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    I saw one in GWN, never used, I'm not at liberty to reveal the owner nor location. Serious  =)
    canuckland
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Looks virginal. I'm not making any other comments. 
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Someone needs to buy it!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    It's ugly. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Tony_T
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You can buy one new.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    I bought mine in Florida in that area in that time period.  Posting pics over the years could be challenging because there is always a newbie saying it's not real, painted, a knock off, etc., etc.  Probably why even to this day I'm here only so often.  If it's not green some people can get not so nice.

When I bought mine it had a dual hinge to open it.  Was a real pain.  I upgraded that to a single hinge you had to manually pull down when the top was open to release and lower the top.  Then I upgraded that to the spring assist.  I've changed the nest twice.  The gasket was changed once.  I upgraded the thermometer to a true temp.  

All in all I love both my babies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Tony_T
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Was the BBE a mistake made in Mexico?  If not, what was the reason for a Blue Egg?
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    At least its not posted for 10k like some guy did with a chiminea a few weeks back.
    Austin, Tx
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    Was the BBE a mistake made in Mexico?  If not, what was the reason for a Blue Egg?
    special commemorative edition
    canuckland