Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Results of Cooking Duties Over Labor Day (Large PIC HEAVY)

Options
My parents were finally breaking in their pool after many years of waiting to pull the trigger, and I got tasked with cooking duties for the majority of the weekend. I was a bit nervous and I probably went a bit overboard, but I hauled the egg and a bunch of meat out to their house.

Here's dinner from Saturday night, before, resting and sliced...

Here's the medium, packed to the gills with a trimmed up 9 lb prime packer and an 8 lb pork butt. No pictures of the result, as we had a crowd of about 15 and it was gone quick (I will take that as a good sign).

And finally, here was my first attempt at pork belly burnt ends, resting after getting some smoke, then being finished up on my father's stick burner. These were fan-freaking-tastic and probably what I was most pleased with, given cost, ease of cook and general reaction.

Also did some burgers that we ground up (mix of some previously trimmed pork belly, prime brisket trimmings and chuck. No pictures here either (I blame the large amount of beverages consumed).

All in all, very pleased with the results. A great deal of the credit is owed to this forum, as I shamelessly ripped off some of your own ideas (though I did try and give some credit).

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

Comments

• bhedges1987
    Options
    Good meal right there. I bet everyone was pleased. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    That is some great work there. You deserve a three-day weekend to recover.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Two_Down
    Options
    The food all got eaten up, so that's typically a decent indicator, but like most of the time I am my own worst critic. Should have probably used more seasoning on the rib roast, as it did not have as much flavor towards the center of the roast.

And I may or may not have completely forgotten to season the burgers. But no one said a word and I will just act like I had planned to let the meat shine on its own all along.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS