Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FTC question for briskets

Options
I know this will vary, but generally speaking for briskets, do most of you let it rest a bit before wrapping and adding to cooler (assuming you went unwrapped during the cook).   I'm going to try my third attempt at brisket soon, and just been doing some reading of many, many threads this morning...mostly turbo brisket threads.     
--Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
28" Blackstone
South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I usually do brunt ends with the point so I wrap the flat and FTC it till I am ready to slice.  I then pull it out and let it set for about 15 minutes or so, then I slice.  I have just taken it off and right into FTC.  Others should chime in as well.  Works for me every time.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Yes, after I've pulled the brisket, I cut a 4" by 4" inch square in the foil and let the brisket come down to 170. Then I put it in the cooler, otherwise it continues cooking.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I would assume the consideration of carry over should be given even more weight when turboing, when there is even more potential to carry over more heat than with a low and slow.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Another vote for a cool-down phase before FTC.  I generally let it sit on a cooling rack for around 20 minutes before the FTC.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It takes a brisket about 2 hours to come down to 140 if left out. So I just leave them out for 2 hours.  No cooler no towel. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf