Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Ribs Success

Options
Last rib attempt, I did the 3-2-1 method.  Ribs had a good flavor, but were dry. I believe they were undercooked.  I decided to try the "Turbo Ribs" method posted several times on this site.  Ribs were great this time!  

• Baby back ribs. Yellow mustard base with dry rub put on the night before.
  • Cooked at 325 degF for about 2 hours - I had a large drip pan half full of water / apple juice. I believe this prevented the BGE from getting up to 350 degF.  At this point, internal ribs temperature was about 180 degF. I also sprayed a little apple juice on the ribs at the hour mark and 1:45 mark.  Next time, I may not have a drip pan.  Not sure.
  • Removed drip pan at 2 hour mark.  BGE got to 350 almost instantly.  I left the ribs on for another 30 minutes.  I pulled the ribs about 205 degF.
  • Ribs were much juicier and had a great texture to them compared to my last 3-2-1 method
Thanks to all the folks who recommended the Turbo Ribs method!

Comments