Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Not sure if this is approved to post here? Getting rid of stick burner

Options
bhedges1987
bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
edited August 2016 in Off Topic
So, I'm not sure if I can even post this here.  So if it needs to be taken down I don't mind.

I'm selling my Lang reverse flow stick burner.  I just don't have the time to play with it as I had hoped.  The flavor of food off this thing is absolutely incredible.  Mint condition.   -  ***EDIT** Used About 10 times 

Retails for $1300 + tax and shipping (which was $575 shipping to KC)

Asking $1100 

Again, sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here.  If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Dang!  Wish I was near KC!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice cooker right there sir. Worth a shot to post here , if it bugs people it will fall off soon enough.
    Seattle, WA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2016
    Options

Wish I could swing that for myself.  I didn't see any type of layaway plan listed in your post, was this an oversite?
    Phoenix 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @blasting -  Wish it was closer... haven't totally discounted it yet.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    BTW-this thread has that sinking feeling :s
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bump.  With a great cooker and a great community, this forum deserves the chance at it first for purchase.  Hate to see it go to CL if a fellow Egger could use it.

EDIT:  Sinking...bummer
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    At 1300 new, you may be sitting on that one for a while.  Good luck.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    Options
    If you can pick it up (and save the several hundred in shipping charges) I think it's a fair price but that comment in not based on any experience.  
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Your dumping it for the same reason I didn't want one.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Focker said:
    Yeah, however I paid $105 in taxes and $575 shipping. So after everything it's around $880 off (depending upon where you live of course) 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Focker said:
    Yeah, however I paid $105 in taxes and $575 shipping. So after everything it's around $880 off (depending upon where you live of course) 
    Of all the things I've purchased used, sales tax and shipping do not factor in my assessment of value and/or offer.  That 680, you own and eat....it aint comin back.  I look at it like driving a new car/truck off the lot.  You take a hit first mile/cook logged.  Maybe it's a regional thing, but none of my family, or buddies, would either.  We pick stuff up ourselves, with help, even bbq pits.  I've picked up all the cookers I own.  As stated, good luck bud.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bhedges1987
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    Of all the things I've purchased used, sales tax and shipping do not factor in my assessment of value and/or offer.  That 680, you own and eat....it aint comin back.  I look at it like driving a new car/truck off the lot.  You take a hit first mile/cook logged.  Maybe it's a regional thing, but none of my family, or buddies, would either.  We pick stuff up ourselves, with help, even bbq pits.  I've picked up all the cookers I own.  As stated, good luck bud.
    You must be rich if you don't factor in an extra $680 shipping and taxes! 

The reason car values drop so fast is because dealerships can finance whereas I can't.  Most people don't have 30k laying around to buy a car so the seller has to dramatically reduce the price if he/she wants to sell it. 

I I don't know, I thought saving $880 on a barely used item was a decent deal :/ .  Especially for someone who lives around my location. 

Thanks

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• bhedges1987
    Options
    Sold- now what to get next... Another egg? I've wanted a MM for a while now. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg