Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs=Killer Saturday

Options
Bought some whole beef short ribs from Sam's Club, Threw them on the egg at 275 for 8 hours with some hickory. Cooked until they probed like butta, I think there were around 203 internal. Best thing Ive smoked on the egg to date.

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Those look wonderful!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Home-run right there.  Great cook-brisket on a stick.  Nailed it. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Those look awesome!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Chris8938
    Chris8938 Posts: 156
    Options
    Gettin hungry here!  Nice cook!
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    wow!  love it!
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • stevez
    stevez Posts: 123
    Options
    Those look absolutely incredible.  Can't wait to try those as they look so meaty and juicy.  Great job.
    Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    We've bought those ribs at Sam's also.  They have to get them from "the back" because all the beef ribs that are in the case are already cut in half.  You did a beautiful job of cooking them.  We smoked ours on the BGE with pecan and hickory for 3 hours, sous vide them at 135 degrees for 44 hours, then seared on the BGE.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Forgot to mention that we cooked 66 of those bad boys for the Texas Eggfest, in Austin, last April!  Had to buy another Anova and cooler to get it all done.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Looks killer....wish I could find beef ribs like that locally
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Wow... Wow.... Wow
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Gunnar said:
    Looks killer....wish I could find beef ribs like that locally
    @gunnar,  Restaurant Depot has 2 locations in Houston and they should always have chuck short ribs (boneless or with bones) and also Plate Ribs.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks you nailed it. Beef ribs are one of my favorite cooks. Don't get to cook them enough. 

Were you able to buy just one rack from Sam's? The couple of times I asked for them, they wouldn't break open a cryopack, and 4 racks is way more than I have room in the freezer for. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    We've bought those ribs at Sam's also.  They have to get them from "the back" because all the beef ribs that are in the case are already cut in half.  You did a beautiful job of cooking them.  We smoked ours on the BGE with pecan and hickory for 3 hours, sous vide them at 135 degrees for 44 hours, then seared on the BGE.  
    I gotta try this. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Killer cook
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA