Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time reverse searing a filet

joeybrown105
joeybrown105 Posts: 82
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
Took the leap today and reverse seared a filet mignon, then did a little butter/pan sauce/blue cheese topper. 

Man what have I been missing out on! 
Nashville, TN

Medium BGE | Large BGE | Little Griddle | Kick Ash Basket | Looftlighter

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Great looking plate! My favorite method and it never fails to please.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Agree, nice plate!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Tblack
    Tblack Posts: 55
    Yep..looks awesome
    LBGE 
    Pike Road,Al

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Yes sir. Well done. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Awesome!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    great job

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,060
    That looks great.   Very nice meal. 
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,598
    Very well done sir!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Peju is a great choice. 
    Large

Houston,TX
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 905
    More and more I am becoming convinced that lower temperatures give me a lot of forgiveness on timing when steaks will be done.

I really like bringing a couple of steaks to 125º, let them rest all squishy and inedible looking while the egg comes up from 250 to 500º... then tell my wife "3 minutes" and fire one of those puppies to 140 and the other to 150 and bring them inside.

She does the hard work of salad, but thinks I'm doing the hard part.

Great looking dinner you got there @joeybrown105

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically.