Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fun and different side / salad

Options
keepervodeflame
keepervodeflame Posts: 353
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I took a trip to Santa Barbara Ca. just recently. We ate in a truly great farm to table place called the Lark. It is one of those multiple plate kind of places where everyone shares a number of different dishes. Along with some wonderful short ribs, grilled octopus, and grilled Brussels sprouts, we had this dish called Stone fruit and Burrata (a soft mozzarella like cheese with a crust). The dish also has a paste like mixture of crushed pistachios, olive oil, garlic and herbs. It was so good and such a great memory of the trip, I had to try to recreate it at home.  For the fruit I used what looked good in the market, plums, free stone peaches, nectarines, and black grapes. I couldn't find burrata so I used  a crusted aged goat cheese from Humbolt Fog. The dish is drizzled with olive oil and honey spiced with crushed red chilies.  Great stuff and easy to put together on a cheese board. IMO it goes really well with grilled meats.  It's one of those dishes where it's quality is really dependent upon the quality of the ingredients. Really complimented by a nice crisp Sauvignon Blanc.

Comments