Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggfest Indianapolis

Options
AlexKeenan
AlexKeenan Posts: 19
edited August 2016 in Off Topic
Cooked at the Indianapolis eggfest this Saturday. Dave and the group from Sullivan Hardware did a great job of putting this together. I was impressed with the fact they have to organize all the menus and purchase all the food for each chief and grill master. There was alot of very good food being cooked at this event with most cooks putting food out the whole time from 10am to 4pm. Keeping a steady quantity of high quality BBQ for that long is impressive.

This year they also had to deal with weather. We got a break with rain in early morning and no ran for main hours. But after the event when we were packing it in, it rained cats and dogs. But somehow the Sullivan crew manages to continue cleaning up and moving eggs out. When my daughter and I finally loaded our car and pulled out, we left behind a very wet and tired Sullivan crew. So thank you guys for all your hard work at Sullivan Hardware!

Comments

• Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    Options
    Sorry I missed it, is it the same weekend every year?  I need to get a date for 2017 to put on the calendar.
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I bought my small as a demo at the Indy Eggfest in 2012 or 2013.  We traveled from Flint to go to our first Eggfest and because Sullivan Hardware was willing to make a demo deal for a small for me.  They do a nice job!

Photos anyone?
    Flint, Michigan