Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- If it weren't for bad luck...

Options
Battleborn
Battleborn Posts: 3,361
I swear I would have no luck at all. Woke up this morning and discovered my wife's rear passenger side window was smashed out. All the got away with was her purse. Cards already cancelled and police report filed. I am starting to hate people again. 
Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.. I have Zero tolerance for people who don't respect other peoples property. Hopefully your day improves..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Sorry to hear that man. Happened to us a while back as well. People suck.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Sucks...  Happened to my daughter as well.
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Damn brother, just damn.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Bummer man, sorry about that.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. My wife and I had a similar situation last month. My truck and her car were rummaged through. Fortunately nothing was taken. Back when I was in college I had someone bust out my rear passanger window when down in Minneapolis. I cleaned my car out the night before and it was spotless inside. Not a thing in sight. They still busted the window out and folded down the rear seats to steal my backpack. If they really wanted to do my homework that bad they could have asked...... =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

That sucks man - and like you pointed out, the worst part is it changes your outlook.

Thieves shouldn't go to jail without first having a lengthy say in the ER.

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Damn I hate reading things like that; glad you got your cards cancelled quickly.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    No Bueno 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I hate a thief. Our neighborhood has been getting hit a bit more these days. Somebody stole my mower a few weeks ago. Cabled all the valuables and put up motion detection security lights. The fence project is ratcheting up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I hate a thief. Our neighborhood has been getting hit a bit more these days. Somebody stole my mower a few weeks ago. Cabled all the valuables and put up motion detection security lights. The fence project is ratcheting up.
    I'm using Uber in your hood
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,361
    Options
    I tell ya' what, my wife ALWAYS brings her purse in from the car, she didn't last night because she had to pick our daughter up from a band camp and didn't think about it. The one time she forgets and bam, Windows knocked out. A few other people got hit in the neighborhood, but their cars were unlocked, so they just got rummaged through and valuables took. Luckily, it's only a window and $160 fix. Maybe sleeping outside tonight with Mr. Springfield XDS in case they decide to come back. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Your lawnmower was stolen? Wow. Somebody really needed a fix to steal a mower. That's ridiculous. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I'm using Uber in your hood
    Dang....was hoping you were picking me up and providing my transportation.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow