Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Temp

Options
Can  someone please tell what the internal temp should be when a brisket is done?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    The key to the brisket finish-line is based on feel, not temp.  The feel is when the thickest part of the flat probes like buttah.  Most start checking for the feel at around 190*F internal temp.  Brisket can finish anywhere from there on up to the low 200's.  (Some high end grades may even finish in the high 180's).  
    And if some part of the flat does not release and get with the program-just declare victory when the great majority is there.  Then let sit on a cooling rack for around 20-30 minutes to stop the carry-over cooking and then FTC.  Enjoy the cook.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • flexfusion
    flexfusion Posts: 240
    Options
    I try to cook mine to 195º to 205º and then I wrap for about one hour before cutting.  
    Auburn, Alabama
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    What @lousubcap said.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• divr71
    divr71 Posts: 82
    Options
    Thanks for your help.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Feel not IT. But, on average feel and IT coincide around 180℉-202℉ ish
    Yes, I'm saying to Feel your meat. Should be like buttuh before you pull it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Just the tip should feel like buttah brothuh? I plan on doing my first egged brisket soon...
    Austin, Tx
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    :fearful:
    bgeaddikt said:
    Just the tip should feel like buttah brothuh? 
    https://youtu.be/buGMfFaZ3IE
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL