Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Found the ideal drip pan for my XL

Options
I found a 16" X 1" pizza at The Restaurant Store. It is a nice heavy tin coated stainless pan that fits my 17.5" stone with about 0.5" clearance all around (I use a CGS Woo and stone for indirect cooks).

I had previously used flat pizza pans that sometimes overflowed. I also have a 2" deep pan that is a little too deep when stacked with the stone and copper Ts. This one looks like the perfect fit!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

Comments

• Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    Options
    Looks like a good find, let us know how it works out.  I keep using foil and would like to find something to actually catch juices to use, however I suppose they would burn in this with it setting directly on the stone?
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Smoker317 said:
    Looks like a good find, let us know how it works out.  I keep using foil and would like to find something to actually catch juices to use, however I suppose they would burn in this with it setting directly on the stone?
    I typically put copper plumbing Ts between the stone and drip plan. This creates an air gap that prevents the drippings from burning. You can also create this gap with rolled up foil, tiles etc.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE