Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs

Options
During my last visit with my parents my mom asked what was the meat that had the large bone in it?  They didn't have the name on the vac seal bag.  After I explained the were beef ribs, she said well, they were soooo good, we loved them.  So, of course I had to make some for them.  Mom is so right, they are really good.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• TMCCGator
    TMCCGator Posts: 27
    Options
    Those look great.  Hoping to find some for a family meal on Sunday.
    Large BGE
    Port Orange, FL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Top notch right there...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    Options
    About how long do those take?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I am a big fan of the beef rib. Very nice job there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Powak said:
    About how long do those take?
    I did these using the 3-2-1 method.  Tender, juicy and the bark reset very nicely during the last hour.  They probed with very little to no resistance.  Used hickory and cherry chunks.

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    TMCCGator said:
    Those look great.  Hoping to find some for a family meal on Sunday.
    Got these at Restaurant Depot in Orlando.  

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    I am a big fan of the beef rib. Very nice job there.
    I have become a fan of beef ribs since I have learned how to cook them on the BGE.  The fat just melts into the meat.  My wife said she never cared for beef ribs until she had them from the egg.  As soon as these hit the counter she was cutting her one off.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Did my first run on them 2 weeks ago. Always loved them. Never fooled with them. A buddy gave me some from a half cow he bought and now and they did not disappoint. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Did my first run on them 2 weeks ago. Always loved them. Never fooled with them. A buddy gave me some from a half cow he bought and now and they did not disappoint. 
    Wished I had a buddy like that!  LOL.  

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wished I had a buddy like that!  LOL.  
    This world is all about products and services. If you are in the service industry, surround yourself with people that bring product. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Nicely done!!! Love ribs! Here is a photo of the last ones I did. I did not get a final shot because they were gone in no time. 

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ