Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

48 inch Blackstone - OT

kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,427
edited July 2016 in Off Topic

If they made one, I would buy it.  Just sayin' is all.

As we have been camping at the beach the last three weeks, I have used the heck out of the 36inch model.  When will we see a 48" model?  I guess I could just buy another 36 incher.  I can't get over how much I use it, how great the seasoned surface is (melted cheese and scrambled eggs are removed easily).  I made smashburgers for the first time on it yesterday!  I can't believe how fast dinner prep was and how delicious smash burgers are.

If you are on the fence about a blackstone, just go buy one.  I was wondering how much i would "actually use it" and I am shocked.  By cooking all this stuff outside, you have no mess in the kitchen.  No pans to clean, no dropped veggies or grease to clean up. . . you are outside!  The heat stays out of the kitchen . . . I know you people south of me are experiencing some real heat right now and outdoor cooking is on hold until the mercury drops.

I do have to get used to not setting my plastic oil and water bottles and plastic tableware too close to the griddle.  I have melted several things that would have been a safe distance from the egg . . . not safe from the Blackstone work horse.

Pictured here is a simple Mexican rice and ground beef heating up!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    edited July 2016
    Love my black stone although I messed it up using flax seed oil to season.  I have flaking and am debating on sanding and starting over or what?  I should have treated the black stone like I did my griddle top for my camp chef stove that we keep in the camper, that thing is seasoned perfectly with a diamond like hard finish.  Just cooked on it and forgot it, so irritated that I deviated from that plan and used a "magic potion," a tank of propane and a lot of time for an ultimately awful result.

The black stones are so versatile.  We had steamed cabbage with bacon and butter under a dome yesterday to go with smash burgers.  So yummy!!!  Just had to use the spots that are not flaking real bad as I didn't want the black chips mixed with he food.

Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Blackstone is very worthy and is in my rotation so much it takes away from the egging maybe 10%.  Great tool I'd not be without.  Same as my eggs.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Smoker317 said:
    Love my black stone although I messed it up using flax seed oil to season.  I have flaking and am debating on sanding and starting over or what?  I should have treated the black stone like I did my griddle top for my camp chef stove that we keep in the camper, that thing is seasoned perfectly with a diamond like hard finish.  Just cooked on it and forgot it, so irritated that I deviated from that plan and used a "magic potion," a tank of propane and a lot of time for an ultimately awful result.

The black stones are so versatile.  We had steamed cabbage with bacon and butter under a dome yesterday to go with smash burgers.  So yummy!!!  Just had to use the spots that are not flaking real bad as I didn't want the black chips mixed with he food.

I hope others see your post.  I kinda feel like a broken record warning people about this flaxseed trend.  
    Phoenix 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Southerners are cooking outside around here... Link to a great deal to buy a black stone?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427

@MaskedMarvel

If you are a Prime Member, this is a good deal at 254.99:

https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Outdoor-Propane-Griddle-Cooking/dp/B00DYN0438

They are also on sale on Blackstone's site for 279 with free shipping

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/36-outdoor-griddle-4-burner/

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI