Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New MiniMax All 3/8" S/S Cooking Grid Has Arrived!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    RRP said:
    I'm actually in the market for a new grate for my small which is the same size as a M/M. @Hotch please tell me the "out-the-door" cost of this.
    Shh..... It's a secret. it's been asked...
    Not so much a secret but with all of the options he has on creating these you should just give him a call and let him know what you need and how you use it. Like with or without a Woo for one thing.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I get that but a rough idea saves everyone a little bit of time. 
    Hey it was $75 or $60 ... $90
    then guys know it's not for me or hey I will give a call and maybe get one knowing price will vary.

How many calls would a guy want just inquiring about price. It's an expensive BBQ with expensive toys... We all can agree on that.
    Seattle, WA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Found this:
    http://michaelscustomgrillworks.com/products.htm

...at the bottom of the page:
    Small cooking 13in grate with 1/2in spacing $50.. with 1/4in spacing $60

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Found this:
    http://michaelscustomgrillworks.com/products.htm

...at the bottom of the page:
    Small cooking 13in grate with 1/2in spacing $50.. with 1/4in spacing $60

I sent Michael an email this afternoon and just heard back from him. What I am still waiting to hear back again though is the diameter of rod used for that 13" Small with 1/2" spacing. I got the distinct impression that @Hotch had custom ordered 3/8" diameter so I'm just waiting to hear back again.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    He did, and the 3/8 is a bit more than the standard. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • RRP
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks @Jeremiah - that's why I'm trying to find out what size the "standard" rod is. If not too small I can live with something smaller. Many years ago what got TJV into his business was he organized a group buy effort for Larges only made of stainless and that has held up 13+ years so I know 3/8" rod may be excessive on a M/M or small. That was way back when BGE grate was porcelain coated and the porcelain would deteriorate and pop off. Eventually BGE also switched to stainless, but TJV beat them to it.
  • RRP
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I just hung up from ordering a standard which is made of 1/4" #304 stainless. That for a Small or M/M is $50 plus $20 for shipping. The one I mentioned in my previous post from TJV of which I have been quite happy is .187" so this .25" means it will be 33% bigger so I know I'll be quite happy! BTW thanks @Hotch
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks for stepping up, will be standing by for results. Production, ship and finish quality ... May get roped in ;)
    Seattle, WA