Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined pork chops, Elfster goodness, and two levels of cast iron

Options
blind99
blind99 Posts: 4,971
These chops got brined, 2% salt, 1% brown sugar.  Dried off.  4 chops in all: 2 with standard dizzy pig for the kids, 1 with dizzy pig IPA, and 1 with a new rub from @annjamaican  

Had some nice carrots to roast, and some potatoes as well.  Potatoes when in OO and duckfat, Carrots with just a little OO.  I used a very fancy setup to get them both on there - two standard bricks, right on the grate, to raise the big pan.  I figured if one exploded I'd be shielded by the pan.  

Potatoes stayed on and got crispy while the chops cooked... wife is getting really particular about crispy potatoes... Chops pulled at 135, tender, juicy.  I'd put a good quality brined pork chop up against almost any steak.  @annjamaican 's rub was the best of the bunch, it was outstanding.  Perfect balance of sweet and savory.  If you can find it, it's great on pork chops!  I'm going to be enjoying this exchange the whole year.

Have a good weekend
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments