Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

BGE Remote Thermometer Replacement Probes

I bought a Big Green Egg Dual Probe Remote Thermometer (ET734) last year and one of the probes has shorted out.

Does anyone know where to get replacement probes or third party probes that work with that model?  I've looked far and wide on the web and could not find any specific to that model. 

Many thanks,
Hot&SpicyTofu

Comments

• Jeepster47Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Call Maverick Corporation and you should be golden.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Thanks Jeepster!  Just called Maverick and ordered replacement probes.

• I purchased the same model and was told by the place where I bought my BGE to call the manufacturer first, which is Maverick. I just wrote them a note and am waiting to hear back. The place where I bought the egg said they should replace the probes. He said if I don't get satisfaction from them that he would take care of it..I have to say that I am not impressed with this thermometer for $89.00. Not the easiest thing to use and directions suck.
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 13,250
    ducknutts said:
    I purchased the same model and was told by the place where I bought my BGE to call the manufacturer first, which is Maverick. I just wrote them a note and am waiting to hear back. The place where I bought the egg said they should replace the probes. He said if I don't get satisfaction from them that he would take care of it..I have to say that I am not impressed with this thermometer for $89.00. Not the easiest thing to use and directions suck.
    It's counterintuitive. I can't remember which one you have to turn on first, but it won't work if you get it wrong. Once you get it turned on correctly, I find it works great. I think u turn the remote receiver on first which is the opposite of what I would think. Also, I disengage the batteries by turning them around when done.