Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Leg Lollipops

Options
jeponline
jeponline Posts: 290
Made myself a nice little lunch. Managed to keep the temp stable between 400-420 and I was shooting for 400. 

What does everyone do to clean their grates?  Do you let the egg keep running and then scrape them or do you shut it down and clean them later?

Large BGE
Huntsville, AL

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Those look great.  I love chicken leg lollis. 

I usually just wait and clean the grate on the next cook but if I am feeling ambitious (and not too hungry) I will it it with a scraper after a cook.  It is definitely easier to clean hot but I don't think it matters too much since you need to let the egg stabilize on the next cook anyway.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I clean mine on my next cook after letting the grid get hot - I think it cleans better.  I've tried a number of different things to clean the grid and like the Billy Bar best.  More info here: http://www.billybar.com/

Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA