Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First reverse sear.

Options
stichrunner
stichrunner Posts: 103
I tried the reverse for the first time and im convinced. My wife had to go work out for 720 and needed dinner done quickly. So i fired up the gasser and side sear burnner for her while my egg slow came to temp. I seared hers then put it on main grill set to about 400° flipped twice and checked with thermometer  till it was a hundred and thirty  internal temperature pulled  and let rest. I never got a picture of her  butt  it was typical pink in the middle  then quickly  went to medium well out side. 
I put mine  on the egg  at 250 degrees  for 19 min. till  Internal temp of 110 with with one chunk of pecan. I then  took out the plate setter  and let temp go up to 550 to 600 then seared for 45 secs each side 4 times. Pulled at internal temperature 130. I used a good bit of dizzy pig cow lick steak rub. Thats bella waiting for me to turn my back as i waited for the grill to heat up to searing temp. 
New Orleans, Louisiana. 
XL bge, Napoleon Prestige  Pro 665 (gasser) sad that it won't be used much anymore. 

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Looks great!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Love it! Good eats!!!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Looks very tasty !!!

Great cook !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    Looks great!  Cute dog.  I know the look.
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Be careful with eggs and dogs, you could be.... Devastated!

looks good!

Options
    Great meal! Excellent cook. 
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL