Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: farewell Prairie Home Companion as we knew it :OT

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Listening to Garrison Keillor's last show marks a sad passing to this egger. I was a fairly faithful listener most Saturday afternoons starting nearly at the beginning back in 1974. Perhaps it is too folksy for some people, but I sure liked it.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Same. Grew up listening to it since it was one my dad's favorites. First Car Talk, now PHC. I guess I turned out above average.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Loved listening to it when I remembered to catch the show. Sorry to hear of his passing. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Read the books, never heard the show up here but I enjoyed what I read. Times pass I am afraid. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Loved listening to it when I remembered to catch the show. Sorry to hear of his passing. 
    He's still alive, the show isn't.

I'm luke warm about the show.  Respect the hell out of Garrison.  Love NPR, car talk, etc.   Pretty much that's what my car radio is on all the time.  I'm a pretty boring person.
    edited July 2016
    Options
    While he will still be somewhat involved the new star says he wants to widen and update the appeal of the show and start including rap stars...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I used to listen to the show occasionally decades ago but it wasn't something I always intentionally sought out. Haven't listened to it in recent decades tho.

Didn't Garrison leave the show once before some years ago???
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Didn't listen to him, but I sure do miss "Car Talk" & "Whaddya know?"
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    He's fairly popular in my parts, but let's just say I've never quite gotten the appeal.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
    I thought it was a great show. I was hoping to see it live one day. Maybe I still will depending on the direction it's taken.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Saw the movie and inspired me to listen to the radio show. Not for everyone, but this old fart enjoyed it!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"