Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Great news if it works out

Options
So excited, It looks my my son is going to be hired as an Air Traffic Controller with FAA.  He got his list of 9 airports that he had to rank in the order that he would like to go to.  Tyson-McGee in Knoxville, TN. is his 1st choice.  My wife and I visit that area 3 -4 times a year.  If by the grace of God he get that airport, the wife has committed that we will be moving to E. TN. So it would be a huge win win for everybody.  It would be an area we love and my son would be closer.  He's currently in Maryland. Now to wait to see if he gets his 1st pick.  Wish I knew someone at Tyson-McGee that could help a brother out getting my son to that airport.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Sounds cool.   Have you seen the movie Pushing Tin?  I kinda liked it.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Congrats.. Hope it all works out the way you are hoping..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    So excited, It looks my my son is going to be hired as an Air Traffic Controller with FAA.  He got his list of 9 airports that he had to rank in the order that he would like to go to.  Tyson-McGee in Knoxville, TN. is his 1st choice.  My wife and I visit that area 3 -4 times a year.  If by the grace of God he get that airport, the wife has committed that we will be moving to E. TN. So it would be a huge win win for everybody.  It would be an area we love and my son would be closer.  He's currently in Maryland. Now to wait to see if he gets his 1st pick.  Wish I knew someone at Tyson-McGee that could help a brother out getting my son to that airport.
    Congrats.....I just had a friend retire from that organization. She was hired during the the big walk out / replacement years ago. I understand they are way understaffed as that generation is retiring and they have not done a good job with anticipating the needs. For someone who fly's a reasonable amount....glad to know good people are coming on board.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I have a nephew who is an air traffic controller in Oakland. Says it is a very stressful job, but they are very well compensated. He was trained in the Air Force, great way to get a free education. Good luck to your son and the family!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sending best for him from Texas
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.