Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Egg Hinge Spring

So Ive had my small for a couple months now and I just noticed today that there is only one spring on the hinge. Is that right? 

Large and Small BGE
Central, IL

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Never mind, Google machine says that is correct. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    yep - that's right. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    It just threw me off because it looks like there should be a second one. Both sides have a spot for a spring to attach. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,794
    Mine only has one. It kinda threw me off early on too.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    It just threw me off because it looks like there should be a second one. Both sides have a spot for a spring to attach. 
    The extra bracket is for when you get old and feeble and can no longer lift the dome with only the assistance of one spring. At that point, a second spring can be added.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,947
    DMW  said:

The extra bracket is for when you get old and feeble and can no longer lift the dome with only the assistance of one spring. At that point, a second spring can be added.
    HEY!!! I may be old, but I'm not feeble...yet...minded maybe... =)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    RRP said:
    DMW  said:

HEY!!! I may be old, but I'm not feeble...yet...minded maybe... =)
    Which is why your Small only has one spring. For now... :smiley:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker