Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ready for a smoke!

Battleborn
Battleborn Posts: 3,354
Just started a new job and it has been about a week since I have been able to fire up the Egg. Longest it has sat unused since I got it. Went by Smith's (Kroger) and they had BB's for $2.99 a pound so I grabbed a couple of racks. Plan on smoking these with Apple wood. 

It it is about 110 here in Vegas. Think I may hit up the pool with a beverage while I wait. 

I will finish the meal off with a smoked cauliflower casserole and a salad, if I make it that far. 
Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Looking great so far.  Congrats on the new job!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Nice setup you have, I would like to hear more about the smoked cauliflower casserole.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Battleborn
    @Brisket_Fanatic, I cut 2 heads of cauliflower and threw it on with EVOO, jarred garlic and some chili powder. Let it smoke with the ribs for about 1/2 hour until it was getting soft. Took it off the grill, cut it up into florets, put it into a casserole dish. Made up a cheese sauce (butter, heavy cream, cream cheese and cheddar). Turns out well. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Envious is an understatement! What an enjoyable time!!! Sounds and looks like a moment of inner peace :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Do you even have to light the egg to cook them?  

That is a beautiful cooking spot. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Battleborn
    @SmokeyPitt oddly enough, yesterday I had the hardest time keeping it lit. I did everything that I always do, but I fought with that damn thing for an hour and a half to get it stabilized. 
    Las Vegas, NV