Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri tip tonight

Options
Picked these up yesterday.  Should last us a little while.

Rubbed with Carne Crosta.  Reverse seared at 118 with a little kiss of oak and cherry.  Got away from me on the sear a bit and I pulled it at 132.  A little too done for me but it didn't last long.
XL BGE

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Looks fabulous! I'll bet they were delicious.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Those look WONDERFUL!  And the sear looks great!
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    Looks great! 
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Excellent!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kwdickert
    kwdickert Posts: 308
    Options
    @SPRIGS
    I've tried the carne crosta a few times. It always ends up gritty. Even when I let it sit for 45 minutes and "dissolve" the coffee. Any tips? It's a pretty dark flavored coffee rub no? Maybe I need to salt it separately as well then? Need tips.
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    I have never found it gritty.  I don't know - perhaps salting it before applying the rub helps.  I usually put on a decent amount of Kosher salt and then follow that up with a heavy coating of Carne Crosta.  Probably sits on the counter 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before it goes on the Egg.  My family and I love the Carne Crosta on all beef including burgers.  Perhaps try leaving it sit on the meat a bit longer before cooking it.  I think the salt pulling out moisture which then mixes with the rub may help with grittiness.  I know what you mean though as I have had other rubs where I thought the same thing. 
    XL BGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I think what you intended to say was Tri Tip(s).....those are gorjus. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    I only made the smallest one as it was just me and the wife last night.  When we have them available, we average about 1 a week.  My family loves them.  
    XL BGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SPRIGS said:
    I only made the smallest one as it was just me and the wife last night.  When we have them available, we average about 1 a week.  My family loves them.  
    Right there with you brother. I am a big fan of them myself. Matter of fact.....I think I will get me some for the weekend. Ya'll enjoy them.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow