Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Short rib help

Options
Grambler
Grambler Posts: 153
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
Hopefully Im not too late on this. I bought these racks of boneless short ribs. I just rubbed em down and threw them on the grill at 250 with lots of smoke. They've been on for 2 hours. Can I just keep cooking on the egg or do I need to pull the racks off, cut them up, and braise them?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Never have been down that road but as you note you have two choices-whichever you go with-just go til the rib meat probes like buttah with the toothpick test.  Regardless, I would not cut -but the braise will work if you are looking for more of a pot roast type texture.  
    If you are up against the clock then you can foil with no braise as well.  Your call-
    FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Curious what you ended up doing. How did they turn out? 
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.