Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grill Covers

Has anyone had a custom grill cover made?  I have three eggs, Lg, Sm, and Mini, I want to build a table for them and have one cover them all.  I would appreciate any recomendations on where to start.  Thanks

Comments

• Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,140
    Material will play a big part in cost. Sunbrella is very good but costs. Try ATV covers as an alternative for a non custom
  • Dan in StLDan in StL Posts: 254
    I just got a Duckcover and LOVE IT.  It was a third of the price of the BGE branded covers - and every BGE cover I've had leaked.  The Duckcover is light weight, water repellent and despite heavy rain my table and grill were bone dry
  • OhioEggerOhioEgger Posts: 560
    I got a Duckcover some years ago and I still use it. But to say it's light weight is kind of a euphemism. Flimsy might be a better word. It's decent, but the seams can open up and need repair and it only does an OK job of protection. Basically just works to keep the dirt off it.

I wanted something better so I had Duckcover make me a custom cover that's considerably more heavy duty about two years ago. I use it during bad weather or when I'll be out of town for a while. Cost me around $100 for a good cover that fits over my LBGE in its table, and well worth it.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 1,930
    Not sure where your located, but often times you can find a company that makes boat covers/tarps that can get the job done for you.  Better quality materials = more money but buying quality only hurts once.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • GregWGregW Posts: 1,887
    I've never had one made, but I've heard good things about the covers by http://vinylcovering....com/index.html
    That @Tspud1 mentioned.

Birmingham, AL