Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First combo pizza w/pics

Options
Greetings-

Been a while since I have been able to post anything, did this early last week and thought I would share. We had a lot of "stuff" in the fridge so we decided to use as much as possible one one pizza. So left side was pepperoni and mushroom, right side was bianco d' oro dry salami and pineapple. Mozzarella and strips of sweet peppers on the whole thing. Crust is a Trader Joe's Herb crust that I let sit out 4+ hours so it was pliable. The green leaves are home grown oregano =)

Used platesetter legs down, then rack, then separators, then pizza stone and got the dome up to 600°+.

Put the pizza on and cooked four minutes at a stretch and then rotated 120°, repeating the process until I thought it was "done".

Maybe should have gone a little longer to firm up middle of crust and get more toasting of the cheese but man it was good! Really liked the pineapple flavor, will do again once I get all the ingredients left over. Thanks for looking, have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Solid. Well done. Now I wonder about the legs down bit. I do mine at the gasket legs up rack, stone on rack
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    Looks great to me

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Beautiful sir....beautiful.
    Seattle, WA
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Solid. Well done. Now I wonder about the legs down bit. I do mine at the gasket legs up rack, stone on rack
    Good point, perhaps someone with more knowledge than I about convection could address this issue? My thinking was that it gave more room for air by the fire but maybe that makes no difference and to have a little more support under the rack at the center to help carry the weight of the stone.

Maybe I will try it again this way later this week, Pizza is on the menu for Tuesday night.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Nice looking pie.  do mine about the same way legs down with 3 ceramic feet my egg came with on top with pizza stone on top of that at 550
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • EggInSTL
    EggInSTL Posts: 8
    Options
    Looks good, where about in STL are you?