Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 large table ideas

Looking to start my table build soon. I have two larges. I think i will place them close to each other in the center and have the counter space to the sides. Does anyone have any pictures, plans or ideas?

I do have some reclaimed, weathered boards i am going to use on the outside of it, also with poured concrete top and egg base. I will be using table nests. 
Thanks! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Have you seen @johnkitchens ?  He's got the perfect double large set up imo.

Phoenix 
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    This one is mine

Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    blasting said:

Have you seen @johnkitchens ?  He's got the perfect double large set up imo.

Thanks @blasting I appreciate that. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    I'd think about whether you really want them close together in the center. Let's say you need 3 feet of prep space to put things down. Now you need 3 feet on each side for a total of 6 feet vs 3 feet in the middle to accomplish the same tast. If space is no issue then you dont need to worry about it. If it is an issue then it's something to consider.
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I also have two larges. I struggled with the placement of the eggs in the table. Close are far away. I finally decided to put them on either end so I would have space in the middle. This was the best choice for me. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Those are nice! I picked up my two table nests today, 28 bucks each from a local dealer. Why are these things 50+ everywhere else? Its two pieces of metal and a bolt.... anyways i got a good deal i guess. 

Plans are taking shape. I think its going to be 8 feet wide. 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882

matoch said:
    I'd think about whether you really want them close together in the center. Let's say you need 3 feet of prep space to put things down. Now you need 3 feet on each side for a total of 6 feet vs 3 feet in the middle to accomplish the same tast. If space is no issue then you dont need to worry about it. If it is an issue then it's something to consider.
    Space isnt an issue, wide open back deck. 

Scored a bunch of old fence boards, nicely aged. For free! They have great "patina" (i hate that word)

Going to do the outside of the cabinet and the drawer and cabinet fronts with it.