Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Huge breasts

Options
SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
Chicken breasts from Sam's club marinated for 24 hours in Olive Garden Italian Dressing. 

I pounded them flat as best I could but they were still big, so I decided to start direct and finish indirect.  
On the GrillGrates:

Once I had the pretty grill marks I used a foil pan and a raised grid over the grill grates.

One boobie was enough for 3 people:

Had some nice sheekan au jus in the pan and I dredged the chicken through it before serving. 

Sorry no plated pics- it was pretty boring with a spinach salad. 

I just recently got the GrillGrates and I really like them.  I know you can't taste the grill marks but I do love the way they cook. My only complain with them is it does reduce the space a bit. I wish they would cut them to cover the entire grid surface. I will use this technique again for thicker pieces of meat.  I think it would also work great for steaks for a forward or reverse sear.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    yeah, this title will get some looks

nice chicken
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Thought this was going to be another Kate Upton post.  Good looking bewbs.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    They do look succulent.... Agreed they are huge !!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Thought this was going to be another Kate Upton post.  Good looking bewbs.
    I was going to say that same exact thing.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Huge tracks of land. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Looks really good! Italian dressing is one of my favorite chicken marinades.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    I'm a fan!  ( . )  ( . )

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Man I need to get me some grill grates those look amazing
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Chicken breasts from Sam's club marinated for 24 hours in Olive Garden Italian Dressing. 

I pounded them flat as best I could but they were still big, so I decided to start direct and finish indirect.  
    On the GrillGrates:

Once I had the pretty grill marks I used a foil pan and a raised grid over the grill grates.

One boobie was enough for 3 people:

Had some nice sheekan au jus in the pan and I dredged the chicken through it before serving. 

Sorry no plated pics- it was pretty boring with a spinach salad. 

I just recently got the GrillGrates and I really like them.  I know you can't taste the grill marks but I do love the way they cook. My only complain with them is it does reduce the space a bit. I wish they would cut them to cover the entire grid surface. I will use this technique again for thicker pieces of meat.  I think it would also work great for steaks for a forward or reverse sear.  
    I have the GrillGrates as well and they actually are kind of indirect with a few slots for direct flames to get through.  I like using them for steaks and burgers as well and use them on my weekend gas grill as well.  Those are large breast and I was wondering what I was going to see when I clicked over.    Here some burgers and pineapple I did a week or so ago.  Do have the tongs that go with the grates.  I like them better then my regular ones.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    Lit said:
    @Lit- Thanks! I picked them up at Roswell Hardware not long ago.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    @Ladeback69 those are some great looking burgers and pineapple.  I love burgers on the GrillGrates.  I have done them a couple of times and they are excellent. 

I agree when using the grill grates it is "semi-direct" already.  I probably could have just finished cooking the chicken on the grates but I thought they might get a little too much char before they were finished. 

I don't have the tongs just the spatula that came with it.  I just googled the tongs and they look nice.  I didn't think I would really use the spatula but it is also pretty nice.  I like how you can get under the food without worrying about pushing it around. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice wits!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice info....but I am circling back to the celebrity thread.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    @Lit- Thanks! I picked them up at Roswell Hardware not long ago.  
    Yeah I am about to call and see what options they have. I really like the ones for the 22" weber kettle on amazon they would fit my xl and kettle nice but damn those are expensive. If RH has those I will probably go get them though.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @Ladeback69 those are some great looking burgers and pineapple.  I love burgers on the GrillGrates.  I have done them a couple of times and they are excellent. 

I agree when using the grill grates it is "semi-direct" already.  I probably could have just finished cooking the chicken on the grates but I thought they might get a little too much char before they were finished. 

I don't have the tongs just the spatula that came with it.  I just googled the tongs and they look nice.  I didn't think I would really use the spatula but it is also pretty nice.  I like how you can get under the food without worrying about pushing it around. 
    The tongs make it easier to flip things.  I haven't used my spatula since I got the tongs.  The tongs didn't even mess up the cheese when I took them off the grill.  I also did asparagus and the Grates made it easier as well.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Chicken breasts from Sam's club marinated for 24 hours in Olive Garden Italian Dressing. ...
    I tried looking at this thread on 3 different browsers (Safari, Firefox and Chrome) and there are no pictures.  Here's what I see:

I gather others saw the pictures, so they must have been visible at some point. Are they still visible to everybody?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    i can't see them
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I am having forum issues.  If someone mentions me with the @name method, i get notified.  If someone quotes me and asks a question. . . no notification.  Any ideas?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I am having forum issues.  If someone mentions me with the @name method, i get notified.  If someone quotes me and asks a question. . . no notification.  Any ideas?
    I think you have been blacklisted for forum abuse.. =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I can't see them either :(
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Captain_Paul
    Captain_Paul Posts: 138
    Options
    I figured I'd be disappointed when I opened this thread but I did it anyway. 
    LBGE, Minimax
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Go Cats!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    I agree they are HUGE!!  Must have bought them from Trump Meats!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I couldn't see the pics either, so I googled the key words above and tried it myself:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    @Theophan - hmmmm...I am using Google photos and I'm pretty sure they were all visible before but now they are are not in IE and on my iphone.  I will investigate. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    @Theophan - hmmmm...I am using Google photos and I'm pretty sure they were all visible before but now they are are not in IE and on my iphone.  I will investigate. 
    I've had to quit using Google Photos.  It's like I post the pictures and then they go missing.  Had to start linking from my website instead.  

If you find the issue, please let me know.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    I've had to quit using Google Photos.  It's like I post the pictures and then they go missing.  Had to start linking from my website instead.  

@tarheelmatt - will do.  I remember you having a similar issue.  It is a shame because this worked fine with Picasa like 6 years ago. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options

@tarheelmatt - will do.  I remember you having a similar issue.  It is a shame because this worked fine with Picasa like 6 years ago. 
    Yeah, I had no issues for the longest time.  They changed their format, and I started having issues.  I liked linking from there more so that my site as it was easier.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Cannot see pics. Show me your tits! 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN