Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at ribs

Options
rhubbarddds
rhubbarddds Posts: 5

Rubbed the ribs with some mustard then a dry rub that consisted of salt, pepper, and cavendar's greek seasoning.  Wrapped in saran wrap and put in fridge overnight.  Came home during lunch today, lit up the egg, set the platesetter with a drip pan half full of water, placed the ribs meat side up, no foil.  Went back to work and 2.5 hours later I finally get a temperature update from the wife.  350....yikes!  I directed her on closing the vents a little more and we got it back down to 250.  A half-hour later she pulled the ribs and wrapped them in foil.  Another hour and half goes buy and I come home from work, checked them and sauced them.  I gave it 20 minutes and pulled them off.  They were awesome.  SWMBO says they're the best she's had and gives the BGE her blessing.  The method could easily be called the "place and pray" method....or the "light and flight" method as I threw everything together and went back to work hoping I wouldn't have to order pizza later.  
Harrison, AR - Large BGE
Make a life, not a living.

Comments