Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody ordered the surround for the Blackstone 36" griddle

Don't know how I got there, but I just found this on Amazon and am seriously thinking about buying it.  Really like the added space around the griddle and dropped down it acts like a wind screen on the back.  Just in the thinking phase right now, so somebody talk me out of it.  I can have it here tomorrow if I order it in the next 2 hours- 20 minutes. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Griddle-Surround-Accessory-included/dp/B019X23H8W?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    I really like the concept of it. Having used the end shelves and seeing how hot every thing I put on them gets, I would think the top shelf would be a "plate warmer" for sure. If you get one, please keep us posted as to how you like it.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    minniemoh said:
    I really like the concept of it. Having used the end shelves and seeing how hot every thing I put on them gets, I would think the top shelf would be a "plate warmer" for sure. If you get one, please keep us posted as to how you like it.
    Will do.  I read the questions and answers on the Amazon page and it appears that the shelf stays cool.  In fact some posted that they use it as a serving area and folks sit around on bar stools while the cooking is going on.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
     A bit pricey, but I do like the idea. Waiting until they offer a nice prep/cutting block for the griddle before I add on.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Looks like a good option.  It wouldn't work for me, but I could see where it may be great for others.

Btw,  my sincere thanks for bringing up an accessory that I don't need.  I feel like I just earned some money!
    Phoenix