Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT $1.05 a Gallon

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
Was about to run out of gas in my F150 last night after taking Kelley and Bruce to dinner at The Harvest in McKinney. Pulled into the new Kroger in Prosper, scan my rewards card and came back:
Do you want to use your $1.00 of reward?
Hell yes!!
So 33 gallons later......

I think the last time I paid a buck a gallon was when I was 17 and and driving my 69 Chevelle SS 396.
It was tough way back back then, but well welcomed today.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Best I did with that deal was around 3-4 months ago and the Kroger regular was $1.56.9/gal.  Had the dollar off reward- put around 27 gallons into a SUV at $0.56.9/gal.  One of the bast fuel experiences in quite a while.  May not see that basement price again.  Nice score.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Los Angeles : $2.89  a gallon.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I carry 4 5 gallon cans in my jeep. The jeep usually takes 15 to fill it, and then i fill the other 20 in the cans and use them as needed. 

Remember, you can buy 35 gallons at the discount. When i hit the dollar off i go fill it all up. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)