Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey @stlcharcoal...

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,147
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum

@stlcharcoal

... Just got 115 pounds from fire craft --- shipped 2 day to nc, and arrived perfect..

appreciate the the delicious butt I cooked for work friends tonight... :)

8-damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options

... Just got 115 pounds from fire craft 

They short you some??  20# x 6 = 120#??
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice to hear some positive vibes. Big Rockwood fan here. It delivers much Joy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options

I figured you threw in extra for old times sake! ;) I ordered five bags for free shipping, FedEx said it weighed 115 lbs.. Maybe those are some sturdy boxes?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    @stlcharcoal...just checked your site on my phone, didn't see a way to purchase your charcoal. Noticed the OP  mentioned free FedEx Shipping. Based upon your rave reviews would love to try some of your charcoal...being in the PNW have never seen it locally. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @dougcrann - use www.firecraft.com

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dougcrann
    Options
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Will be buying 5 bags when I get paid next month...looking forward to trying something different...Thanks...
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options

I figured you threw in extra for old times sake! ;) I ordered five bags for free shipping, FedEx said it weighed 115 lbs.. Maybe those are some sturdy boxes?

Gotcha.....that makes sense.

Each bag is probably about 21# with the overage and weight of the paper bag.  That's 105# and figure 5# for each cardboard box=115#.  Don't let anyone fool you--packaging is expensive (nationally stats show an average of 9% of the cost is paying for the packaging......said can be up to 40% in some cases which is believable with some products.)
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options

Gotcha.....that makes sense.

Each bag is probably about 21# with the overage and weight of the paper bag.  That's 105# and figure 5# for each cardboard box=115#.  Don't let anyone fool you--packaging is expensive (nationally stats show an average of 9% of the cost is paying for the packaging......said can be up to 40% in some cases which is believable with some products.)
    You would've thought it was an old school drop ship the way the FedEx guy was fuming when he carried it to the front door lol
    Large BGE and Medium BGE