Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20 lid

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
One of complaints I've read here about the 20 is the lid not staying open or slamming shut.  It actually closed on one of my kids at the ballpark and just missed her fingers.

I saw this thread that @Sweet100s posted:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1190943/ot-rtic-20-how-to-keep-it-propped-open/p1

Yesterday, I had to transport some pulled pork and sausage.  I put my 20 outside to warm up in the sun and wanted the lid to stay open.  It just hit me, and I felt really dumb for not thinking of this sooner.  Since I haven't seen anyone suggest or post a pic of this, I thought I'd share.  Duh!!!  

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Good fix @cazzy

You haven't been around much lately - hope things are going well for you.

Phoenix 
  • cazzy
    Options
    blasting said:
    Good fix @cazzy

You haven't been around much lately - hope things are going well for you.

Been good man...baseball really took up alot of my spring.  Our season finished, but now I am coaching the All Star team.  Luckily I have a small break coming before these out of nowhere catering gigs hit me the weekend after next.  25 on 6/3 and then two parties on the 6/4 (100 & 70).  Summer break can't get here fast enough!!  Lol
  • Troykahack
    Troykahack Posts: 38
    Options
    Is that an out house toilet behind you cooler minus the house?
    LBGE May 2016
    Ormond Beach, FL
  • cazzy
    Options
    Is that an out house toilet behind you cooler minus the house?
    Lol

That is a lonely egg table minus the egg.  I need to transport it to Beeville at some point....