Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak 1 day sale at home depot

Options

Comments

• Jvar87
    Jvar87 Posts: 31
    Options
    Pick up 7 bags. Thanks for the heads up
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    I guess me living in the country sucks.  Closest HD is like 30 miles away.   :s
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    Pretty sure you're living there because it doesn't suck!  Worth the trade off brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ScottNC
    ScottNC Posts: 240
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    Hey my HD is 30 miles also, go online, put in cart, pay however you like and pick up when you want. Just had mine hold 4 bags for me, hope it helps...

Western, North Carolina

Large, MiniMax, Blackstone 17" Smashburger Griddle & Stuff

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    nhk19 said:

I can see the top of a home depot sign from my bedroom window.  I would happily give that up to live in the country again.  But I do get your point. 

Phoenix 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    Here in GWN blue bag RO is $19.99 for 8 kg (big price jump last year due to devalued CAD).  At end of last summer I loaded up at Costco on Basques Sugar Maple lump, 8 kg for $9.97 ;)
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1187857/gwn-gta-costco-lump-alert-basques-natures-own-8kg-9-97
    canuckland
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up. Much appreciated.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    Got my 10 bags on way home from work, thanks

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
  • dogoffo
    dogoffo Posts: 52
    Options
    I just got back from home Depot.  Thanks for the heads up! 
  • Staygold
    Staygold Posts: 45
    Options
    It's like putting more 22lr in the safe, if you're into that kind of thing
    LBGE #76 Georgia Mountain Eggfest 2016
  • n8er
    n8er Posts: 114
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Picked up 20 bags, our HD had a lot on hand.
    Egging year 'round in North Dakota
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

yet another benefit of being an egger on the BGE website.  Thanks to you guys I got Rutlands from Ron (and instrux on install from him as well), a great pizza dough recipe, tips and tricks on lighting, temp guides for every kind of meat, creative ways to use CGS accessories, a cheap XL dome, band adjustment instructions (simplified), knowledge of a pit viper and guru controller (and sales related thereto), tip top temp, a place to complain when my minimax was delayed ninety-five times, great burger ideas, drip pan ideas, R.O. sales (i went and got four bags today) and so many laughs i can't even remember the number. 

Thanks for the head's up on RO sale. I don't have a place to store a bunch but i already had two bags on hand and adding four more is fine. 

Many many many thanks!

EGG ON!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    I will trip the trigger tomorrow at our Menard's though by most people's standards I don't need to. For years when I would get down to only 500 pounds of lump I'd run out and take it back up close to 800.  As of tonight I still have 550 pounds on hand, so the smell of a sale lures me - BUT it's really an analysis of my mix that makes me head out the door tomorrow! My day to day lump is RO and my special purpose is Rockwood and then there is my dwindling stash of Ozark Oak which I use strictly for baking. I have 240 Rockwood, 140 Ozark Oak, 150 Royal Oak (Green Bag) and a reserve on the bottom of a stack of 20 Chicago Lump - a brand no longer made! Hi Ho Silver away!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mtnbikinguy
    Mtnbikinguy Posts: 13
    Options
    Picked up 7 bags to go along with my Rockwood.....such a killer deal
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    Just grabbed 8. Thanks for the heads up @Lit.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    10 here as well. Thanks for the heads up. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    ScottNC said:
    nhk19 said:
    Hey my HD is 30 miles also, go online, put in cart, pay however you like and pick up when you want. Just had mine hold 4 bags for me, hope it helps...
    Just did the same thing for my 5 bags, didn't want to go back out (drinking beer and eating mexican:smiley: ) so I'll stop by tomorrow on the way to Costco and pick them up.:smiley:

Thanks for the tip, guess that tip sold a lot of RO for HD
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Just got a bag, awesome deal! Thanks @Lit
    Austin, Tx
  • Laserlarry
    Laserlarry Posts: 37
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! I just ordered 4 bags online to pick up tomorrow. I would order more but don't have the room to store it.
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    Just saw this.  Ordered online 10 minutes before closing.  Website says they hold for pickup for 7 days.  
  • RRP
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! I just ordered 4 bags online to pick up tomorrow. I would order more but don't have the room to store it.
    It won't go bad so if you have a nook or cranny think about the money you will save stocking up! 
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    RRP said:
    I never get the limit restriction! Buy 10 and go out the door. Turn around go back in and buy 10 more and out the door. Does anyone really think HD gives a rats *ss as long as they move merchandise?
    Exactly what the cashier told me.  I thought the sale was until the 25th but she told me it was a one day sale. Then it goes to $12 something a bag.  Then she said if you want more just go load those 10 bags and come back in and get 10 more!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    I never get the limit restriction! Buy 10 and go out the door. Turn around go back in and buy 10 more and out the door. Does anyone really think HD gives a rats *ss as long as they move merchandise?
    Exactly what the cashier told me.  I thought the sale was until the 25th but she told me it was a one day sale. Then it goes to $12 something a bag.  Then she said if you want more just go load those 10 bags and come back in and get 10 more!
    Thanks for the confirmation of what I already knew! A very good buddy of mind just had to "keep busy" in his mind after he retired. For the next 7 years he worked as a cashier at Home Depot. 3 years in IL and 4 in FL. Besides some of the most hilarious stories he has told me the thing that I bring into this conversation is at both locations they were told to "ring up" whatever the customer dragged up to the check out. 
  • nhk19
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    nhk19 said:
    Pretty sure you're living there because it doesn't suck!  Worth the trade off brother.
    Lol....you're correct!  Deer, wild turkeys & whatever else in my backyard. First streetlight is 5 miles away.  I'll stay just where I am.
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • nhk19
    Options
    Staygold said:
    It's like putting more 22lr in the safe, if you're into that kind of thing
    Ummmm,,,,yup.  Like 30+ bricks.  Lol
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • nhk19
    Options

ScottNC said:
    nhk19 said:
    Thanks!  
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yep, in for 10
    Options
    Only problem with the HD RO sale - they seem to get a really "fresh" supply from the factory.  They had a display of the sale lump just inside the door of the store.  Filled my cart with lump and got to smell the off gassing during the entire time I was in the store (needed to go all the way back to plumbing). 

My garage now has that 'eau de petroleum'.  Happens every time they have this sale.  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I bought 10 yesterday as well. I was surprise to see how small the bags are these days.