Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Meatball Sliders

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

So yesterday I did a post with a lot of cooks I had done. In it, I mentioned some meatballs I smoked for another recipe, the Pioneer Woman's Mini Meatball Sliders. So we had them for dinner last night and the results were surprisingly not that good. Very bland. The meatballs weren't very flavorful. Needed way more seasoning, ie salt and something else. Great concept, not a great recipe.

I smoked them around 350 with some Pecan wood. Not sure how long as I was relaxing outside with a mind altering cold beverage.

Here they are done.

The next day, I sautéed half an onion and then added in a jar of marinara. I know, I know and if it was a weekend, we would have made the sauce ourselves, but this was supposed to be a quick weeknight meal. Doctored up the sauce a bit, added the meatballs and let it simmer for a bit.

Two of them plated up. We tried both Buffalo mozzarella and shredded mozz to see what worked better. I kinda liked the Buffalo.

Would I make this again? Probably, but I'd go look for another meatball recipe or tweak the hell out of this one. They were just so...bland. I've had store bought frozen meatballs that were better. Hell...I've made better. I just haven't found the box that has my recipe binder in it. Oh well, filled me up and got the job done.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    My wife loves the Pioneer Woman's show so I've made a lot of her receipes.  they almost always come out waaaaayyyyy to bland.  Id say I'm disappointed the majority of the time.  Only exception I can remember is her Easter ham receipe.
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    been looking for the perfect meatball recipe for years, have never found one i like. i dont get it, something as simple as a meatball.... =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it