Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your Favorite Beef Rib Recipes?

Options
Killit_and_Grillit
Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
My buddy bought a cow and is not much of a cook...so life has been pretty good the past few months. But he brought some beef ribs over last week and said "make something with these."  

I got nothing. Never touched one before, mostly because I can get pork ribs cheap and they are delicious. 

So, in case this becomes a thing, I really just want one or two great ways to do these that isn't terribly complicated to stick back on the off chance these things fall in my lap. 

Suggestions from the experts?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    Beef ribs are really easy. Just peel of the membrane on the back. Season with Salt + Pepper and then smoke for about 8 hours. They are done when you can stick a toothpick through them with no resistance. It's the first thing I made when I got our minimax and we made them two more times over the next few weeks because they were so good.
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    matoch said:
    Beef ribs are really easy. Just peel of the membrane on the back. Season with Salt + Pepper and then smoke for about 8 hours. They are done when you can stick a toothpick through them with no resistance. It's the first thing I made when I got our minimax and we made them two more times over the next few weeks because they were so good.
    I'll give them a whirl this weekend and let you know. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    I've made them using Adam Perry Lang's beef ribs recipe from his BBQ 25 book. Here's a write up on it: http://www.villagevoice.com/restaurants/make-adam-perry-langs-beef-back-ribs-from-bbq-25-6557078
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL