Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon (pork) substitute making Clay's beef bbq?

Options
Eb1222
Eb1222 Posts: 2
Hey gang I'm making clays bbq beef recipe for the first time this weekend,  but some of the family doesn't eat pork(bacon).  I can only assume using the bacon provides quite a bit of flavor and fat, but since I can't use any pork does anyone have any other suggestions that I can use in place of the bacon during the cook?   I'm going to use some beef broth/stock instead of some of the water when I switch it to the Dutch oven, but would appreciate any advice on a non pork bacon replacement to top the beef with(the things we do for family)....

Thanks fellow egger's!

Comments

• Todd-Man
    Todd-Man Posts: 18
    Options
    It's been awhile since I made it, but I don't think you will really miss the bacon. There are enough other ingredients in there that it will still be amazing.
    Seattle, WA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    What he said. I've made it without bacon and it was good.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker