Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15 lb packer and 2 8lb pork butts on XL

Options
EggMan13
EggMan13 Posts: 4
edited April 2016 in Forum Feedback
As the post indicates I have a lot of meat going the EGG. I am aiming for 225 cook temp. Does anyone have some advice for some cook times I could expect. Should I put it all on at the same time. Scary part is this is for a friends daughters birthday party. I don't want to mess it up. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    At 225 dome the pork will take about 10 hours. The brisket could take 15-20. You can always foil the brisket around 8 hours to shave a few hours off. If the pork finishes way early then foil it, wrap it in towels and place in a cooler to hold heat for up to 5 hours.  Let the brisket rest unwrapped for at least an hour before slicing. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    At 225 I think you are looking at at least 1.5 hours per lb for the butts so that is 12 hours but could go longer.  I think In would just put them on at the same time and use foil if needed for the meat that is lagging behind. If you had to you could finish one in the oven at a higher temp.  Briskets are hard to time.  I have had one finish 8 hours earlier than I expected. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.