Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picking up my XL BGE on Sunday

Options
2»

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Ola / Locust Grove / Jackson???  Sweet!  Joan at Jackson Heating and Air is a great dealer down in Jackson, GA.
    I'm out in Ola
    Well let me be the first in-county resident to say hello. I'm over near Jodeco and Flippen Roads.  I'd love to meet up sometime!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,545
    Options
    Well...a little depressed....The XL BGE isnt an XL...its just a L...

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    billt01 said:

so did you pay for an XL and then find out it's a Large?  Or was this like a craigslist thing?  Just curious---by the way, not too far from me either
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,545
    Options
    rmr62 said:
    billt01 said:

so did you pay for an XL and then find out it's a Large?  Or was this like a craigslist thing?  Just curious---by the way, not too far from me either

conflicting information from my father as it were...My fathers neighbor of 75 years decided he wanted to cook a turkey on a Big Green Egg last November. That was the first and last time the egg has been fired up. It was though to be a XL as my father stated "its the biggest one they make." deducting that he would not have purchased a XXL just for him and his 73 year old wife, non the less he is a individual to purchase the "biggest and best" throwing money in the wind. I still think its a pretty good deal though...Its a Large EGG with a nest, cover, heat deflector plate, two bags of BGE coal, the little ash scooper, and the BGE lighter with a BGE DIGI-Q for 5 hundy
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Still sounds like a smokin deal to me.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    That is a great deal.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    You were not hurt in any way on that deal.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    billt01 said:

You are getting an egg. No need to be depressed. Just enjoy the heck out of it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    that still sounds like a great deal!!
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Looking to unload the guru????  Maybe????

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    You should see if your father can get the original sales receipt from the neighbor that he bought it from.

Used eggs no longer have a warranty but if his neighbor never registered it and you can get the original receipt you might be able to register it for you and keep a warranty on your Egg.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    You should see if your father can get the original sales receipt from the neighbor that he bought it from.

Used eggs no longer have a warranty but if his neighbor never registered it and you can get the original receipt you might be able to register it for you and keep a warranty on your Egg.
    Don't need the receipt as long as it was never registered you are good. Just fill out the info online with serial number and press submit.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Heck at 500.00 warranty or not is a steal. The guru alone is 300.00 bones by itself.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    billt01 ! We look forward to your cooks and I'm sure you once you pass the learning curve that you will bring a wealth of knowledge from you past experience. 

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Welcome to the circus. Looks like you've cooked a lot of BBQ in your day. It will be fun to watch what you'll produce on your Egg. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...