Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly Burnt Ends

2»

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,483
    Wardster said:

Has anyone tried these and ones from a butt?  If so, willing to share any feedback?

I have done them a couple times with a pork butt and they have come out great each time.  We like it better now then pulled pork.  

I take the pork butt to about 165-170, pull and let rest for about 20 minutes wrapped in foil.  Cube up, place in foil pans or one big one, add sauce of choice and put them back on on for a couple more hours and stir them a couple times or so while cooking.  I didn't really worry about the temp.  I usually just kept the temp the same as what I was cooking at say 250 to 275.  Hoping to try pork belly soon.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Well dammit, now im going to have to try this since i have a belly waiting in the freezer for a porchetta.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    These look simply amazing! Time to go find some bellies. I need to do another batch of bacon anyway. Thanks for sharing.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Was the skin still on the belly when you started the cook?

Cleveland, OH

1 Large BGE
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Super good looking!

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Was the skin still on the belly when you started the cook?

No skin on for this application.  Just scored the fat layer to get some rendering in the early stages.  Haven't tried with shoulder yet but many have said it turns out great.  I think the extra fat in the belly makes for a richer, juicier bite....and for a spike in your cholesterol  :o
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI