Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock Brick Chicken

Options
I started with a 5 lb chicken, seasoned with Albikurky Green Chili Rub, which has a, incredible Southwestern flavor to it.

A fresh chicken, a couple bricks, and some of your favorite rub to create a delicious tasting bird right on your BGE.

Also I went with a little smoke to add another layer of flavor. I love the flavor pecan gives poultry, so place a couple chunks of pecan wood chunks directly on the hot coals

Got the egg up to temp, about 375-400 in-direct, I placed the chicken skin side down, put two freshly foil firebricks on top. I removed the bricks when the temp hit 130 and pulled when the temp hit 158 - The end result was a chicken evenly cooked and nicely crisp skin, the result of the bricks 

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.

Comments