Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bone-in Butt and brats

Options
E-ville Egg
E-ville Egg Posts: 100
edited April 2016 in Pork
Let me first appologize that there are no pictures in this thread. Last night at 9 I threw on a 7lb butt for my mom. She was having friends over for cards tonight and asked if I'd make pulled pork. I pulled it off at 3pm when it hit 200 degrees. I immediately wrapped in foil and delivered it to her without tasting. I gave her a call at 5:45 (dinner and cards start at 6) and ask if she's pulled and sampled. She says its outstanding. 

When end I pulled the butt I left the Digi-Q in and kept it at 225 because I knew I was going to put some brats on for dinner. Well at 6pm I removed the plate setter and stirred the coals to get rid of the ash. There was quite a bit more charcoal than I expected left. Got the large up to 375 and threw on a few homemade onion and green pepper brats. 

I have started using Frontier brand lump because my local Ace sells it for $12.99/20lbs bag. I have been really impressed with this lump so far. I've burned thru 1.5 bags in the last month and have been pleased. 

I'm very thankful for the beautiful weather here in Mid Michigan.