Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Peri Peri Seeds OT

Options
I spoiled a batch of dried peppers by putting some not quite dry into a jar.  They developed mold, which I don't think particularly hurts them (I would just re-dry them) but freaks The Spouse out.  So I used some to start a new crop of plants in a pot.  You just break the pepper up, scatter the seeds on damp soil, and brush them in.  They do not go deep under the surface.  These don't take more than a baggie and envelop to mail, PM me with an address if anyone would want a few of the dried peppers.  A single pepper will start a dozen plants.  Depending on demand might take a few weeks to send everything out.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks
    Pm sent
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    Any love for your Canadian cousins?

PM incoming....
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Will try not to miss anyone with a send out next week, if you don't hear from me in a few weeks give me a bump.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Peri Peri with intent to sell.  Feeling a little like a dealer here.

Mailed today.

• dogfoot
    dogfoot Posts: 62
    Options
    Ok dumb question  how do I PM you
  • Eggscuses
    Options
    Dogfoot click on docs name, then click on message.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Very cool Doc.  

Muchas gracias.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    wish i saw this thread earlier, have some seeds on order =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggscuses
    Options
    Thanks Doc 
    Just got the mail. Will plant them this weekend.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Read up or at least take this advice.   These do not get buried deep.  Don't keep too dry, but over watering will lead to rot.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Got my 'stuff' in the mail yesterday afternoon Doc - thank you very much.

4 inches of snow so far south of Denver with another foot on the way so it'll be a bit before we plant the crop.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Mine came as well Doc, thanks for sending, will get some of them in the ground this weekend.
  • Braggart
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton you are good people!  Got a nice surprise in the mail yesterday.  Much appreciated.  If you find yourself in western Canada one of these days make sure you let me know...drop in for some Canadian cheer!
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Braggart said:
    @Doc_Eggerton you are good people!  Got a nice surprise in the mail yesterday.  Much appreciated.  If you find yourself in western Canada one of these days make sure you let me know...drop in for some Canadian cheer!

Looked up your location on Google Earth.  Man I would love to visit that area.  Is fishing good in the river?

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Not sure how I missed this thread. Cool gesture Doc! If you have extras I will take some. Otherwise I trust someone will post them on my garden thread so I can watch their grow 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Not sure how I missed this thread. Cool gesture Doc! If you have extras I will take some. Otherwise I trust someone will post them on my garden thread so I can watch their grow 
    I still have some, PM me your address.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Doc- got my batch- thanks so much. Planting tomorrow. 

Greensboro, NC
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Be patient everyone.  Yesterday there was nothing in my pot, and this afternoon I have this.  Planting was April 10.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Braggart said:
    Haven't had any Labatt in ages.

• Braggart
    Options
    Braggart said:

Looked up your location on Google Earth.  Man I would love to visit that area.  Is fishing good in the river?
    The Bow is regarded as one of the best dry fly fishing rivers in the world, albeit a little crowded due to this very fact.   Nice river to float though, and plenty of 20 inch bows and browns to be had. 

Lots of smaller and more secluded options abound however, as long as you don't mind catching 6-8 inch hungry trout...

Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Braggart said:
    Braggart said:

The Bow is regarded as one of the best dry fly fishing rivers in the world, albeit a little crowded due to this very fact.   Nice river to float though, and plenty of 20 inch bows and browns to be had. 

Lots of smaller and more secluded options abound however, as long as you don't mind catching 6-8 inch hungry trout...

The first time I went fly fishing in Montana, with my grandfather, I caught a little trout.  I took it off the hook and tossed it back, and my grandfather ran up asking me what I was doing.  I told him that size fish was bait in Florida.  This was on the Snake River.

• Braggart
    Options
    Braggart said:
    Haven't had any Labatt in ages.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2E064kb3UnU
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I forgot Molson =)  My folks lived a long time in Palgrave, which is outlying from Ontario.  We also spent time in Whitefish MT, south of you.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Today's update.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I forgot Molson =)  My folks lived a long time in Palgrave, which is outlying from Ontario.  We also spent time in Whitefish MT, south of you.
    Just reread this.  Perhaps drunk posting.  Palgrave outside of Toronto.  Outside of Ontario is a lot farther away.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Latest update.