Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Spring Cleaning... and a quick cook

Options
Thanks again for all the advice a week ago when one of my bolts popped.  I took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning and other maintenance... 

- New Hinge and bolts!!!
- New Gasket: Thank@RRP it's working great and was very easy!  It has been overdue.
- New Table Nest: Finally replaced my stone, fortunately there were no burn marks, but better safe then sorry
- New Handle: Used some scrap hardwoods I had and some pieces of cocobolo to dress it up.  Also gave me a chance to use the router table I finished building

And after running it for a while I threw on some lamb kababs, used @NecessaryIndulg Kofta Kababs for inspiration.. but had to improvise a bit.  I wish I would have had time for the tzatziki too.

Overall, a busy weekend and now a happy egg!!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Your Rutland gasket application gets a A+ from me! Well done! I see your table is resting on a stone patio, but please consider replacing those wooden boards your stand is resting on with a paver brick. I've seen too many fires under eggs and if your boards caught on fire your table would too and then your egg would drop in the process. Not a worry wart - just like to be safe when being safe is so inexpensive! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    pflug: I love your table! (I agree with @RRP re: wooden boards).

I hope you loved the Lamb Kofta Kababs!  Thanks for bringing those back to my attention -- I need to make them again soon.  I made them a lot last summer when we had a bunch of people over to swim and eat. It's so easy (and affordable) for a crowd.  Thanks for the s/o! <span>:smiley:</span>
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.